Who can apply to Pitch Round?
In order to apply to Pitch Round, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older. Parents will need to co-submit an application for their minor child. Other eligibility requirements will apply.
- use your real name and the real name of your organisation as well as provide accurate, correct and truthful information;
- be allowed to submit under any and all laws that apply to you or our provision of our services;
- have the authority to bind any organization or legal entity on behalf of who you use our services. If you are representing and binding an organization or legal entity to these policies, all references to "you" and "your" will also be interpreted as referring to that entity; and
- not have previously been disbarred by us for your violation of our policies.
Subject to the exceptions described below, if you submit an application to Pitch Round, we will not share the specific contents of your application,
other than for the purpose of evaluating your application. When we share your application for such evaluation purposes,
we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that those evaluators (whether within or outside of Pitch Round) agree to treat your application confidentially.
We may use your application, and all information or materials included in your application, for any Pitch Round-related purpose. This includes, without limitation:
- Compiling and publishing aggregated statistics regarding technology, companies, founders, investors, etc.
- Tracking applicants, founders, investments, companies and application trends.
You agree, confirm and acknowledge that you may not, at any time, submit, provide, upload or make available any content which, whether in whole or in part:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- facilitates illegal activity;
- depicts sexually explicit images;
- promotes unlawful violence;
- is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability;
- is calculated to damage or hinder the operation of our services; or
- is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property.
Maintenance of Applications
After the application process has ended, we may retain your application and the information contained therein. If you have questions or concerns about your application, please contact email@example.com.
Children Under 13
Pitch Round does not knowingly collect personal data, or accept applications, from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal data or applications through the site. Please have your parent contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
General Information Included in Your Application
Due to the large number of applications and related materials that we receive and review as Pitch Round entities, and the similarity of much of the information provided in such materials, we cannot accept responsibility for protecting against misuse or disclosure of any general information, knowledge or other materials (including without limitation any information generally known in your industry) included in or provided with your application.
Protection of intellectual property rights (ex. patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, etc.) of your concept is your responsibility and your responsibility alone. If your application has an idea or product that you might want to patent, we strongly recommend applying for a patent or speaking to a lawyer before submitting your application to Pitch Round.
Information you include in your application will be shared with the set of reviewers that review your application. Please note that these reviewers do NOT sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs). Therefore, you should not include any information in your application that you feel could be harmful to your company should that information be disclosed.
Note that applying to Pitch Round is very similar to presenting your idea to potential investors. Very few investors (Venture Capitalists or "angel investors") will agree to sign an NDA before even hearing your initial pitch. It is up to you to determine the right balance between sharing enough information to get people interested and to give you credibility - and sharing information that could potentially be damaging to your company if it were to be disclosed.